It’s everyone’s dream, isn’t it?
Your body is a raging furnace. A well-oiled machine designed to persistently burn fat while you eat, rest, and sleep.
But it’s an impossible feat, you say. Even if you know how.
Because you’ve tried.
It’s for the elite. The freaks gifted by the keto gods with superhuman willpower.
How on earth can they not eat the petite vanilla scone with that latte?
But you don’t have to be the demigod of willpower to start a low carb, high fat diet.
- You don’t have to go “all-in” to start reaping its benefits.
- You don’t have to wait to get started until you’re “fully committed”.
There’s an easier way.
But first, we talk about how to burn fat.
Then, the mortal ways you can get started.
How to eat to burn fat
This, of course, was exactly what Grandma would say. “Cut back sugars and starchy foods. No snacking”. If only we listened to Grandma, instead of Big Brother.”
- Dr. Jason Fung, The Obesity Code
How to get started
1. Make a healthy swap for a sugar sweetened drink
Don’t start with your favorite sugary drink. Pick the easiest one you can live without.
- Soda? Try LaCroix.
- Coffee Frappuccino? Try a cold brew with heavy cream.
- Sweet tea? Try it unsweetened, really.
- Juice? Juice is the worst, it’s liquid sugar. Try water with slices of lemon, lime, or your favorite fruit slice in it.
2. Make a healthy swap for a packaged, processed, refined carbohydrate
Refined carbs are those foods that come out of a box or a package. Pick the easiest one to try.
- Cereals for breakfast? Try eggs and bacon, or a spinach and cheese omelette with avocados, and sour cream.
- Bread, pizza, cookies? Check out the last email I sent you on the Top 10 Fast and Easy Low Carb [Video] Recipes for Carb Lovers.
3. Try the non-scariest, most non-intimidating way to do intermittent fasting
Don’t worry. You’re not going on a 24-hour fast. Just try to eat – only when you’re really hungry. There’s no harm in that, right?
Pick the easiest one you can do.
- Are you really hungry, or are you bored or stressed? Try skipping that snack. Find something else to do, like a short walk.
- Are you really hungry after dinner? Try not to eat after dinner. Have a warm cup of your favorite tea instead of eating popcorn while watching The Walking Dead.
- Are you really hungry in the morning? Try skipping breakfast – it’s okay. Have coffee or tea instead.
Small steps, big results
“Instead of aggressively forcing yourself into a boot-camp mentality about change, give your mind permission to make the leaps on its own schedule, in its own time.”
- Dr. Robert Maurer, One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way
Big changes are tough. Your mind will fight you tooth and nail if you attempt a big change. And you’ll often lose.
But you can win by tricking your mind by starting small and easy.
So the next time you feel like you can’t get started, or feel like you’ve failed again?
Take that one tiny step. Take the pressure off yourself to make gigantic unsustainable changes. And trust that your mind will help you get to your goals with consistent little steps.
Imagine how this strategy can help you reach your health and weight loss goals.
So, which one of these fat-burning tips will you try first?
Demigod willpower? Not required.